Back End Engineer - Journey Squad
Who we are
Sqreen is a developer platform which detects security anomalies in web applications and provides automated responses and protection from attacks in real-time. We improve the security standards of the world's best applications and help developers around the world improve the security of their code, every day. Founded by former security experts at Apple, Sqreen protects hundreds of apps and companies like Algolia, Front, BlaBlaCar, LeMonde and Toptal, and has offices in San Francisco and Paris.
Initially featured in TechCrunch’s Disrupt SF Battlefield in 2016, Sqreen recently graduated YCombinator and secured a soon-to-be-announced Series A funding round! We’re proud to be backed by Silicon Valley’s most well-respected Venture Capital funds which allow us to continue building a rock-solid platform, increase our momentum and scale our product and organisation.
Curious to know more? Check us out here: https://www.sqreen.io
What we need your help with
As part of our product engineering team, you'll be building the back end of Sqreen. Our platform analyses billions of security events and metrics sent by our agents, detecting threats and allowing our customers' applications to react in near real time. The Journey Squad is responsible for creating 'wow!' moments for our customers.
- Work closely with our world-class security, back-end and agent teams to architect, build, and launch new features.
- Maintain and improve our production infrastructure.
- Stay close to our users and coordinate with our developer community via regular conferences and meetups.
- Contribute to and improve our engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Ensure the availability, latency, performance and efficiency of our platform.
Who you are
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3-5 years experience developing, maintaining and running back end applications.
- Solid experience working in a high volume write-heavy production back end.
- Proficiency in Unix environments, with cloud deployment and NoSQL databases (bonus).
- Previously worked in a Python environment (bonus).
- Excellent communication skills (we work in English).
- A product mindset and enjoy working with people outside your area of expertise. Every engineer at Sqreen collaborates daily with Sales, Support and other teams.
Sqreeners come from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Diversity is important to us, so if you're unsure, please apply!
Why work for Sqreen
- Be part of an incredibly talented team who are passionate about democratising security.
- Join at a crucial stage of our development (just post series A) with a huge amount of runway for you to add value and be a key factor in our future success.
- Contribute tangibly and significantly to our core product, bringing value to our customers each and every week.
- Join a product-focused company, with a deep commitment to learning, demonstrated by access to any book you like, Sqreenity sessions - one week per quarter to focus on a subject of your choice and leverage for communicating about it - and the opportunity to attend your 'dream conference' each year financed by Sqreen, including travel.
- A real commitment to team well-being, via premium health insurance, great healthy snacks and beverages every day and coached Sqreenfit sessions every fortnight.
- A relaxed working environment with regular social activities
- Sqreen participates actively in the tech and security ecosystem in Paris and San Francisco so you'll have access to some of the most interesting and talented people from our network and beyond.
- Beautiful 'Sqreenhouses' in central Paris (Sentier), and San Francisco.
- An international, English speaking work environment with trips to SF for our engineers minimum once a year.
Interested? Apply now!