Frontend Engineer - Monitoring Squad
Who we are
Sqreen is a developer platform which detects security anomalies in web applications and provides automated responses and protection from attacks in real-time. We improve the security standards of the world's best applications and help developers around the world improve the security of their code, every day. Founded by former security experts at Apple, Sqreen protects hundreds of apps and companies like Algolia, Front, BlaBlaCar, LeMonde and Toptal, and has offices in San Francisco and Paris.
Initially featured in TechCrunch’s Disrupt SF Battlefield in 2016, Sqreen recently graduated YCombinator and secured a soon-to-be-announced Series A funding round! We’re proud to be backed by Silicon Valley’s most well-respected Venture Capital funds which allow us to continue building a rock-solid platform, increase our momentum and scale our product and organisation.
Curious to know more? Check us out here: https://www.sqreen.io.
What we need your help with
As part of the product engineering team you'll be responsible for developing the Sqreen dashboard. What is the dashboard, you ask? It's the essence of Sqreen itself - where complex, previously hidden-away security information is made clear and actionable for our customers. Put another way, it's a critical product for Sqreen, and the proverbial tip of the iceberg. The Monitoring Squad is responsible for giving our customers the security information they need, in real time. They tell us 'before Sqreen, I was blind', and you'll make that happen.
Check it out for yourself: Sqreen dashboard
- Work closely with our world-class product, back-end, design and marketing teams to build features Sqreen users love
- Build and test robust, well structured, fast and reusable components
- Identify and solve performance issues
- Participate in the project's design and code reviews (Github)
Who you are
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3 years experience building modern web applications
- Experience working with HTTP REST APIs
- Any experience with Redux, Redux-saga, Recompose, Immutable, Reselect or any other react ecosystem libraries are a plus
- Excellent communication skills (we work in English)
- A product mindset and enjoy working with people outside your area of expertise. Every engineer at Sqreen collaborates daily with Sales, Support and other teams
Sqreeners come from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Diversity is important to us, so if you're unsure, please apply!
Why work for Sqreen
- Be part of an incredibly talented team who are passionate about democratising security
- Join at a crucial stage of our development (just post series A) with a huge amount of runway for you to add value and be a key factor in our future success
- Contribute tangibly and significantly to our core product, bringing value to our customers each and every week
- Join a product-focused company, with a deep commitment to learning, demonstrated by access to any book you like, Sqreenity sessions - one week per quarter to focus on a subject of your choice and leverage for communicating about it - and the opportunity to attend your 'dream conference' each year financed by Sqreen, including travel
- A real commitment to team well-being, via premium health insurance, great healthy snacks and beverages every day and coached Sqreenfit sessions every fortnight
- A relaxed working environment with regular social activities
- Sqreen participates actively in the tech and security ecosystem in Paris and San Francisco so you'll have access to some of the most interesting and talented people from our network and beyond
- Beautiful 'Sqreenhouses' in central Paris (Sentier), and San Francisco
- An international, English speaking work environment with trips to SF for our engineers minimum once a year.
Interested? Apply now!