Software engineer - Core Python engineer
Sqreen is a developer platform which detects security anomalies in web applications and provides automated responses in real-time. We improve the security standards of the world's most famous applications and help developers around the world doing a better job, every day. Founded by former security experts at Apple, Sqreen protects hundreds of apps and companies like Algolia, Front, Toptal, and Helpling and has offices in San Francisco and Paris.
Being initially featured in TechCrunch’s Disrupt SF Battlefield in 2016, the company recently graduated YCombinator and secured its soon-to-be-announced funding round! We’re proud to be backed by Silicon Valley’s most well-respected Venture Capital funds which allow us to continue building a solid platform, increase the momentum and scale our product and organization.
For more information, visit https://www.sqreen.io.
As part of our product engineering team, you will be involved in building the the core technology that protects our users' applications. New features are released in coordination with other teams at Sqreen. The software that you build has a direct impact on our users’ web applications in production.
You will be in charge of designing, implementing and challenging our security logic, optimizing our agents performance, and leading our Python efforts at Sqreen. You will also be involved with our developers community and will be able to iterate fast with our users feedback.
What you'll be working on
- Work closely with our security, back-end and agents technologies teams to architect, build, and launch new features.
- Debug production issues across multiple components.
- Coordinate with our developers community and travel occasionally to developer conferences and meetups.
- Contribute and improve our engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Who we are looking for
- Solid experience with Python programming and internals.
- Hold yourself to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Have a strong interest in security.
- Are comfortable with Unix environments.
- Have experience in developing, maintaining and running back end applications
- Enjoy working with groups of people with different expertise. Every engineer at Sqreen collaborates with Sales, Support and other teams.
- Have excellent communication skills (English).
- Have 5+ years experience building applications and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom.
What we can offer
- Having the opportunity to dig into Python internals and secrets
- Become part of a super passionate team that loves their jobs and company :-)
- Beautiful office in central Paris (Sentier), in the heart of #FrenchTech
- Premium health insurance and coached SqreenFit sessions with the team (crossfit)
- Organic snacks & beverages and much more
- English speaking work environment
Interested? Check us out at our twitter account. We’d love to hear from you!