Senior Back End Software Engineer
Sqreen is a developer platform which detects security anomalies in web applications and provides automated responses in real-time. We improve the security standards of the world's most famous applications and help developers around the world doing a better job, every day. Founded by former security experts at Apple, Sqreen protects hundreds of apps and companies like Algolia, Front, Toptal, and Helpling and has offices in San Francisco and Paris.
Being initially featured in TechCrunch’s Disrupt SF Battlefield in 2016, the company recently graduated YCombinator and secured its soon-to-be-announced funding round! We’re proud to be backed by Silicon Valley’s most well-respected Venture Capital funds which allow us to continue building a solid platform, increase the momentum and scale our product and organisation.
For more information, visit https://www.sqreen.io.
As part of our product engineering team, you will be involved in building the back end analysing billions of security events and metrics sent minutely by our agents. This analysis is performed in near real time in order to detect threats and to allow our customer's applications to take an action.
You will work closely with security engineers, agents technologies engineers and dashboard engineers to architect, build, and launch new features. You will also be involved with our developers community and will be able to iterate fast with our users feedback.
What you will be working on
- Work closely with our security, back-end and agents technologies teams to architect, build, and launch new features.
- Handle and evolve production infrastructure.
- Coordinate with our developers community and travel occasionally to developer conferences and meetups.
- Contribute and improve our engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
What we are looking for
- Solid experience working with production back end.
- Hold yourself to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Proficiency in Unix environments.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and running back end applications.
- Enjoy working with groups of people with different expertise. Every engineer at Sqreen collaborates with Sales, Support and other teams.
- Have excellent communication skills (English).
- Have 5+ years experience building applications and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom.
What we can offer
- Become part of a super passionate team that loves their jobs and company :-)
- Beautiful office in central Paris (Sentier), in the heart of #FrenchTech
- Premium health insurance and coached SqreenFit sessions with the team (crossfit)
- Organic snacks & beverages and much more
- English speaking work environment
Interested? Check us out at our twitter account. We’d love to hear from you!